Sunday, August 5, 2007







Sunday and we are not at the Letherby--- and

I wonder what the work is doing while we are away……..

If my drawing installation has fallen / shifted been scrumpled by a passer-by - or from stress of its hanging or from the humidity or the very slight movement of the building itself…

Today I'm at home - doing paper work, errands, preparations etc- and for the next four days I wont be able to get into the gallery -

I shall be teaching and visiting my supervisor.. I am anticipating (hoping) that while I'm away my drawing / installation will be changing / interacting with the people and the space… so that when I return next Friday I will find that the work I left will have been changed, and I will have a different arrangement of materials with which to continue my interaction and dialogue.

The drawing began as part of a performance for a presentation to the

"Here Tomorrow" research group ( March 2007) - now I have replaced it- moved it into another space, and then when it has come unstuck and fallen from this second positioning, I have allowed its falling to direct my next replacing.. so that the space and the conditions of the place are influencing the drawings development.

1 comment:

Birgitta said...

Hey MC, you've taken some great pictures.
Birgitta