Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dog Betty is making progress

Cut the Dog Betty model head into pieces and made patterns.














Tried on bits and pieces during the process. Have found that physically making this head has made me do a lot of thinking. Am about two days behind where I wanted to be. Finally finished the Dog Betty head today. It has changed quite a bit in the process. Perfectionism has been slowing me down, but I have just had to accept that she isn't exactly how I planned, but has evolved her own personality.

Feel like Saint Birgitta of Completion now that it is finally finished!

1 comment:

Maryclare said...

Thanks for your nice comment re my pics- sorry they were so untidily displayed - pressed the wrong button- I liked the St Birgitta of the Complection.. but where is Dog Betty..? I'm curious to see her fully formed, and not sure if I can wait until Friday - please post pics as soon as possible..
am writing diary notes during my absent days....
today's reads "I wonder why sometimes we see strangers twice in a day.. and is there a term for this phenomena ?" this has nothing to do with Dog Betty, Song Leys or drawing… but it might have something to do with the mapping of things - perhaps there is some hidden gravitational pull that directs beings into patterns which sometimes cross ….once I saw Van Morrison twice in one day walking along different streets… were we gravitationally pulled towards each other - perhaps he thought I was following him…. !