Thursday, August 2, 2007

It is so very echoey in the Letherby its echoey echoey

Day one two three and four ----

It is so very echoey ….in the Letherby its echoey echoey in the Letherby

I brought my Dulcimer- its sound box keeps the notes very clear… while our voices merge into each other, so that understanding anyone who is further away than 15 feet away .. is difficult - all sounds muffle and blur, scrumble and mush -

I have strung a drawing across the space and made for myself a sort of environment - a home - a canopy- a tent - a "my space in the place"… the drawing boundaries an area and Peter Bond added to the drawing- this is how I would like the drawing to continue - to be added to by passers by so that it become influenced by the Letherby gallery, influenced by passers-by - and gradually turns into something else…

I have been reading bits of Alfred Watkins ("The old straight track") a text by Stephen Daniels on Tate on line entitled "Lines of Sight" - a bit of Chatwin's "Song lines" -

And I am singing to the space-

Jane is making drawings walking round and round and up and down and along the wall - documenting her presence in the space- recording her vibrations - Birgitta is making a large mask/head to perform in - Danielle is experimenting with small pieces of clay .. and has an assistant.. today I worded with Steve we responded to a conversation I had recorded two days ago in which he told me about different groups of monkeys who lived on neighbouring islands, and who came to decisions and changes through a collective thought process….

No comments: